Paediatric bronchoscopy Course Prof.Fabio Midulla
This course is aimed at pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons who want to train in diagnostic and therapeutic interventional pulmonology. The course is devoted to hands-on workshops and also to teaching the theoretical aspects of bronchoscopy. The participants will have the opportunity to practice live bronchoscopy (using pigs and sheep).
An application will be made to EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Theoretical aspects of bronchoscopy in children (25% of the course) Topics include:
– Equipment needed to set up a bronchoscopy in children (flexible & rigid bronchoscopy)
– Indications, contraindications
– Anaesthesia, sedation, tolerance, side effects
– Anatomical findings : upper and lower airways (normal/abnormal)
– Bronchoalveolar lavage (techniques, indications, results)
– Bronchial brushing, endobronchial biopsy, transbronchial biopsy
– FB in NICU/PICU
Video sessions with case discussions (25% of the course)
Hands on sessions (50% of the course) Participants will work on anaesthetised animals in operating room under supervision of international recognised tutors.
Six sessions lasting 90 minutes will focus on:
– Practical handling
– Bronchoalveolar lavage
– Bronchial biopsy, mucosal brushing
– Transbronchial biopsy